PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE USER
Bladderwrack extract 120mg
Please read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine. Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
In this leaflet:
1. What Adios Max is and what it is used for
2. Before you take Adios Max
3. How to take Adios Max
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Adios Max
6. Further information
• Adios Max is a traditional herbal medicinal product used as an aid to slimming as part of a calorie controlled diet, based on traditional u se only.
• Adios Max contains extract of Bladderwrack (Fucus).
Do not take Adios Max:
• if you have a thyroid disorder.
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive)
to any of the ingredients (as listed in section 6), or to iodine (each tablet contains 144 micrograms of iodine).
• if you are elderly or under 18 years of age.
• if you are taking anticoagulant treatments (e.g. warfarin).
• if you are taking any other medicines or dietary supplements containing iodine.
Using other medicines: Adios Max can
theoretically have an important effect on
medicines for thinning the blood, also
known as anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin).
If you are taking these medicines you should not take Adios Max.
You should also not take Adios Max if you are taking any medicines for a thyroid disorder. Tell your doctor before taking this medicine if you are taking any other medicines, including any bought without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast feeding: Do not take Adios Max if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Driving and using machinery: Taking this product is not known to affect your ability to drive or use machinery.
Important information about two of the ingredients of Adios Max:
The tablets contain 70mg of lactose and 130mg sucrose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars (e.g. lactose intolerance), discuss this with your doctor before taking this product.
3. How to take Adios Max
For oral use only.
When opening the container for the
first time, break the tamper evident
band around the flip-top cap.
For adults (18 years and above):
• Swallow one tablet 3 times a day, usually at mealtimes.
• Use Adios Max as part of a calorie controlled diet combined with extra exercise.
If you take more Adios Max tablets than you should: If you feel unwell consult your doctor. An overdose may lead to thyroid disorders.
If you forget to take Adios Max: Do not
worry if you occasionally forget to take this product, just carry on taking the recommended dose when you remember. Do not take any extra tablets to make up for those you may have forgotten.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor, pharmacist or qualified healthcare practitioner.
Like all medicines, Adios Max may cause side effects for some people. Particularly if you take high doses or if you take the tablets too often, diarrhoea may occur. If this happens, stop taking Adios Max and drink plenty of fluids.
If your symptoms get serious, or if you notice any side effect not listed in this leaflet, stop taking the tablets and tell your doctor, pharmacist or qualified healthcare practitioner.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/ yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Do not use Adios Max after the expiry date shown on the container and outer carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• This product does not require any special storage conditions.
• Always close the cap tightly after use.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What Adios Max contains: Each coated tablet contains 120mg of extract (as dry extract) from Bladderwrack thallus (Fucus vesiculosus L.) (5:1) Extraction solvent 30% methanol.
The other ingredients are:
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, sodium starch glycollate, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate (E341), talc, magnesium stearate.
Tablet coating: titanium dioxide (E171), talc, kaolin light, sucrose, acacia, shellac. What Adios Max looks like and contents of the pack: The tablets are circular, glossy and white. They are available in white plastic packs containing 100 tablets.
The Traditional Herbal Registration Holder is: Diomed Herbals, Hitchin, Herts, SG4 7QR, UK.
The Manufacturer is: Aeropak,
Viking Road, Great Yarmouth,
Norfolk, NR31 0NU, UK.
This leaflet was last revised in:
To listen to or request a copy of this leaflet in Braille, large print or audio, please call free of charge:
0800 198 5000 (UK only).
Please be ready to give the following information: Adios Max tablets,
THR 17418/0028. This is a service provided by the Royal National Institute of Blind People.