Allergy Relief Antihistamine TabletsOut of date information, search another
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you take this medicine because it contains important information you need to know.
This medicine is available without prescription, however, you still need to use this product carefully to get the best results from it.
Keep this leaflet as you may need to read it again. Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
This medicine contains:
• chlorphenamine maleate which is an antihistamine and helps to reduce allergic conditions caused by histamines released by
- your body during an allergic reaction.
These tablets are used for the relief of hayfever, chronic runny nose, rashes, swelling around the eyes, mouth, throat or hands, insect bites, skin and food allergies, allergic reactions to other medicines and itchy conditions of the vagina and anus.
Do not take this medicine if you:
• are allergic to chlorphenamine maleate or any of the other ingredients
• are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Please see your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you:
• have an intolerance to some sugars.
If you are taking any of the following medicines please see your doctor:
• phenytoin for the treatment of epilepsy.
Other important information:
These tablets might cause drowsiness. If you are affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
Do not drink alcohol (beer, wine, spirits etc) while taking this product.
Information about some of the ingredients in this medicine:
Contains lactose (sugar). If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
To be swallowed with a drink of water. Do not chew.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
1 tablet 3 or 4 times a day, as required. Do not take more than 4 tablets in any 24 hour period. Children from 6 to 12 years: half a tablet 3 or 4 times a day, as required.
This medicine is not suitable for children under 6 years.
Do not exceed the stated dose. If your symptoms persist or worsen, you must see a doctor or pharmacist.
If you take too many tablets by mistake, contact your doctor or pharmacist straight away.
Please turn over
Most people do not have any side effects while taking this medicine. However, if you experience any of the following side effects, or anything else unusual happens, stop taking the medicine immediately, and see your doctor or pharmacist.
• visual disturbances, lack of co-ordination, muscular weakness
• a lowered blood pressure or abnormal heart beat
• an exaggerated feeling of well-being, agitation
• occasional twitching or shaking of the hands and arms
• difficulty in sleeping or breathing
• dry eyes and mouth or a puffy face
• diarrhoea, constipation or inability to pass urine.
5. How to store your medicine Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Store below 25°C in a dry place.
Do not use the tablets after the expiry date shown on the pack.
Each small pale yellow round tablet, with a break bar on one side, contains the active ingredient: chlorphenamine maleate 4 mg.
The other ingredients are: lactose, starch, magnesium stearate and the colour, quinoline yellow (E104).
The Marketing Authorisation holder and manufacturer is Wrafton Laboratories Limited, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2DL, United Kingdom. Text Revised: August 2007.
This product is available in a pack size of 30 tablets