Arachis Oil EnemaOut of date information, search another
Arachis Oil 130 ml
This enema contains arachis oil which is used to treat constipation by softening your stools (impacted faeces).
• are allergic to arachis oil (peanut oil), peanuts or soya
• have inflammation or ulcers of the large bowel (the colon), unless advised by your doctor
• are pregnant, check with your doctor first.
• have a blockage in the gut (bowel obstruction)
• are elderly, frail (debilitated) or have a neurological disorder such as paralysis of the lower part of the body or a stroke.
• are using in a child
• are taking any other medicines.
Important information about the ingredient:
Arachis Oil Enema contains arachis oil (peanut oil). If you are allergic to peanut or soya, do not useArachis Oil Enema.
For rectal use only.
Adults and elderly: Use one enema as required.
Children: Reduce the dose in proportion to the child’s weight. If unsure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
1. Warm the bottle before use, in warm water.
2. Remove the blue cap
3. Lie on a towel, on your side with both knees bent towards the chest.
4. Insert the nozzle into the rectum and squeeze the bottle gently until empty. Do not use force especially in children, the elderly or frail, if the lower body is paralysed or in stroke patients.
5. Put the used bottle back into the carton for disposal.
If you use too much do not worry, the enema is not harmful. However, if any is swallowed accidentally, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
STOP using the enema and seek medical help immediately if you have any of the following allergic reactions:
• difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat.
• severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or raised lumps
• rectal irritation (redness, itching)
If this gets troublesome, or if you notice any other side effects, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children
• Do not use after the expiry date
• Do not store above 25°C.
• Do not throw it away with your household waste or in water. Return all the unwanted medicine to your pharmacist. This will help to protect the environment.
Arachis oil (peanut oil) 100 %.
The rectal solution is a clear, pale yellow liquid in a blue plastic bottle for single dose use.
PL 17736/0116 MA Holder Chemidex Pharma Ltd. trading as Essential Generics 7 Egham Business Village Crabtree Road, Egham Surrey TW20 8RB
MediFill UK Ltd., 59 Third Avenue Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside Flintshire CH5 2LA
Text revised: November 2008