Ascorbic Tablets Bp 200mgOut of date information, search another
This medicine is available without prescription. Nevertheless, you still need to use Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200 mg carefully to get the best results from it.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg are and what they are used for.
2. Before you take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg.
3. How to take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg.
4. Possible side effects
5. How to Store Ascorbic Acid Tablets 200mg
6. Further information
• Each tablet contains 200 mg of the active ingredient, ascorbic acid.
• Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) is a nutritional supplement. Ascorbic Acid tablets are for oral administration and are intended for the prevention of scurvy or for use where vitamin C deficiency might be expected.
• If you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained in the tablets.
• If you suffer from hyperoxaluria (a condition where too much oxalate is present in the urine).
• This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Please inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications:
Drugs that thin the blood (anti-coagulants), amphetamine, iron tablets or oral contraceptives, or if you smoke.
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken, any other medicine- even those not prescribed.
• Do not take more than the recommended dose of these tablets if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
The tablets are to be chewed before swallowing Dose:
For adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old:
Take one to two tablets daily, in divided doses, preferably with food.
For children aged 4-12 years:
Take half to one tablet daily, preferably with food.
In most cases, taking Ascorbic Acid Tablets as recommended does not cause any problems. However, like all medicines, Ascorbic Acid can have side effects.
Too many tablets may cause diarrhoea or they may have a diuretic effect (passing water frequently). If you experience these or any other unusual effect, stop taking the tablets and tell your doctor or pharmacist at once.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
• Store in a dry place below 20°C.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the package.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children
The active substance is Ascorbic Acid. The other ingredients are lactose, potato starch, syrup, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, talc and silicon dioxide.
Ascorbic Acid Tablets are plain white bi-convex tablets with a breakline on one face. Ascorbic Acid Tablets are available in tubs of 100 or 500 and blister packs of 28.
Strides Pharma Limited, Themistokli Dervi , Julia House, CY-1066 Nicosia Cyprus
Norbrook Laboratories Umited,Newry,Co.Down, Northern Ireland.
PL 41061/0003 Legal Category: GSL
Leaflet revised: October 2012