Ascorbic Tablets Bp 500mgOut of date information, search another
This medicine is available without prescription. Nevertheless, you still need to use Ascorbic Acid Tablets 500 mg carefully to get the best results from it.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Ascorbic Acid Tablets 500mg are and what they are used for.
2. Before you take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 500mg.
3. How to take Ascorbic Acid Tablets 500mg.
4. Possible side effects
5. How to Store Ascorbic Acid Tablets 500mg
6. Further information
• Each tablet contains 500 mg of the active ingredient, ascorbic acid.
• Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) is a nutritional supplement. Ascorbic Acid tablets are for oral administration and are intended for the prevention of scurvy or for use where vitamin C deficiency might be expected.
• If you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained in the tablets.
• If you suffer from hyperoxaluria (a condition where too much oxalate is present in the urine).
• If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
• If you have or have had kidney stones
• This product contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
If any of the above applies to you, speak to your doctor before taking these tablets.
If you see another doctor, need blood or urine tests, or go into hospital, let your doctor know what medicines you are taking.
Tell your doctor if any of the following apply to you:
• You are taking drugs that thin the blood (anti-coagulants)
• You are taking drugs called amphetamines
• You are taking desferrioxamine (used to treat excessive absorption and storage of iron and some blood abnormalities)
• You are taking an oral contraceptive that contains oestrogen (the ‘pill’)
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken, any other medicines- even those not prescribed.
For adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old:
Take one to five tablets daily, in divided doses, preferably with food.
For children aged 4-12 years:
Take half to two and a half tablets daily, preferably with food.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If you are elderly, it is particularly important to take this medicine exactly as directed by the doctor.
In most cases, taking Ascorbic Acid Tablets as recommended does not cause any problems. However, like all medicines, Ascorbic Acid can have side effects.
Too many tablets may cause diarrhoea or they may have a diuretic effect (passing water frequently).
If you experience these or any other unusual effect, stop taking the tablets and tell your doctor or pharmacist at once.
• Store in a dry place below 25°C.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the package.
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children
Each tablet contains the active substance Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 500.0mg. The tablets also contain lactose, potato starch, syrup, microcrystalline cellulose, talc and stearic acid.
Ascorbic Acid Tablets are plain white bi-convex tablets.
Ascorbic Acid Tablets are available in tubs of 28,50,100 or 500 and blister packs of 28. Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Strides Pharma Limited, Themistokli Dervi , Julia House, CY-1066 Nicosia
Norbrook Laboratories Umited,Newry,Co.Down, Northern Ireland. PL 41061/0004 Legal Category: GSL
Leaflet revised: October 2012