Bells Corn & Callus Ointment
Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment Salicylic acid
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to use Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment carefully to get the best results from it.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• You must contact a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
• If any of the side effects get serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in the leaflet, please tell your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
1. What Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment is and what it is used for
2. Before you use Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment
3. How to use Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment
6. Further information
Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment is applied to the feet to aid in the removal of painful corns, calluses and hard skin.
• If you are allergic to Salicylic Acid or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (see section 6 for full list of ingredients).
• If you are allergic to painkillers such as aspirin, Ibuprofen, and other NSAID's.
• If you are asthmatic.
• If you have diabetes.
• If you have poor blood circulation.
• if the corn or callous or skin surrounding it is inflamed or broken.
• on moles, birthmarks, unusual warts with hairgrowth.
• on your face.
• on warts in the anal or genital region.
•Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment can be used when you are pregnant or breast-feeding, but do not use it for long periods of time.
•You should ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment is a topical ointment for external use only.
Apply to the affected small areas of the feet at bedtime and cover if necessary. Wash feet next morning in warm to hot water.
Do not use on broken or damaged skin such as cuts or grazes.
Avoid healthy tissue. Do not allow Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment to come into contact with mucous membranes (e.g. your mouth, nose and other body openings) or your eyes. If Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment gets into any of these areas, flush immediately with water for 15 minutes. Wash hands after use.
If you accidentally swallow Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment, use too much of it or use for long periods of time, the body could absorb too much salicylic acid. This could cause ringing in the ears, feeling or being sick. If this occurs, or you notice any other symptoms, stop using Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment and consult your doctor.
IF THIS PRODUCT COMES INTO CONTACT WITH DRESSINGS AND CLOTHING THE FABRIC CAN BE EASILY IGNITED WITH A NAKED FLAME. YOU SHOULD KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT.
Like all medicines, Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If any of the following symptoms occur you should stop using Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment and contact your doctor or pharmacist:
• ringing in the ears
• feeling or being sick.
Other side effects include:
• Allergic (hypersensitive) reactions; symptoms can include swelling, feeling of itchiness, changes in heart rate and a shortness of breath. If you experience any of these symptoms you should seek immediate medical attention.
• Skin rashes.
• Dermatitis; symptoms can include red, blistered, inflamed, dry and cracked skin.
If any of the side effects get serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
• Store in the original container.
• Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label.
or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose help to protect the environment.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater of medicines no longer required. These measures will
• The active ingredient is: Salicylic Acid BP 12.5% w/w.
• The other ingredients are: Maize Starch, Liquid Paraffin, Chlorophyll Oil Soluble and Yellow Soft Paraffin.
• Bell's Corn & Callus Ointment is an ointment.
• It is supplied in a 25g glass jar with a plastic screw cap.
Bell, Sons & Co (Druggists) Ltd
PR9 9AL England
UK Product Licence No: PL03105/0084 C73-0310 Ver B Revised May 2016