Boots Corn Paint And PadsOut of date information, search another
PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET
BOOTS CORN PAINT AND PADS
Please read this leaflet carefully before use as it contains important information. If you are unsure about anything, please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Boots Corn Paint contains the following active ingredient:
Salicylic acid BP 12.5% w/v
Also contains the following inactive ingredients:
Amyl acetate, pyrocylin 65% w/w, acetone
A viscous clear water white liquid contained in flint bottles containing 5ml, 6ml or 8ml of product.
Salicylic acid has kerolytic properties producing painless destruction of corns.
Product licence holder
Ayrton Saunders Ltd
9 Arkwright Road
Astmoor Industrial Estate
Cupal Limited King Street Blackburn Lancashire BB2 2DX
To soften corns for easy removal.
The following information should be read before using this product:
1. Do not use this product if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients listed at the beginning of this leaflet, in particular salicylic acid.
2. Make sure this product is suitable for you to use - ask your doctor or pharmacist.
3. Use with caution if applying to large areas of skin.
4. If you are a diabetic, consult your doctor about any foot problems you may have
5. Wash off any Boots Corn Paint that accidentally comes into contact with normal skin immediately.
6. This product is highly flammable, keep it away from fire or flame.
7. Use this product with caution if you are pregnant
For external use only Adults, the elderly and children:
Apply liberally to top and side of corn. Apply once or twice daily for 4 to 7 nights then soak foot in warm water and lift out corn with a nail file or something similar.
In the event of accidental overdose, remove the patient to fresh air, assist respiration if necessary, and seek medical advice.
The following side effects have been reported following use of this product.
2. When applied to large areas of skin the symptoms of acute systemic poisoning have been observed, these include: fever, restlessness, dizziness, deafness, tinnitus sweating, sickness, vomiting, headache, confusion.
If you experience any such reaction, or any other reactions following use of this product, then discontinue its use immediately and report to your doctor or pharmacist who will advise you on the necessary action to take.
This product has a three year shelf life which is given on the label.
Do not use Boots Corn Paint and Pads after the expiry date shown on the label.
Boots Corn Paint and Pads should be stored below 25 °C out of the reach of children. Replace cap securely after use.
Date of preparation: March 2013