Boots Indigestion Relief Tablets SpearmintOut of date information, search another
Boots Indigestion Relief Tablets Spearmint Calcium Carbonate
PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you take this medicine because it contains important information you need to know.
This medicine is available without prescription, however, you still need to use this product carefully to get the best results from it. Keep this leaflet as you may need to read it again. Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
This medicine contains:
• calcium carbonate which is an antacid and helps to reduce acidity in the stomach.
These tablets are for the relief of indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain or discomfort (dyspepsia), acidity and passing wind (flatulence).
Do not take this medicine if you:
• are allergic to calcium carbonate or any of the other ingredients
• have kidney problems, including kidney stones
• have an overactive parathyroid gland
• have heart problems and are taking cardiac glycosides (e.g. digoxin)
• are on a low phosphate diet
• have been told by your doctor that you have high levels of calcium in your blood
• have Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the stomach that causes excess acid production)
• are under 12 years of age.
• are pregnant
• have diabetes
• have an intolerance to some sugars.
• tetracycline antibiotics (e.g. sumycin and tetracyn)
• bisphosphonates, a group of medicines used to treat bone diseases (e.g. etidronate and pamidronate)
• thiazide diuretics, sometimes called water tablets, which are medicines used to treat high blood pressure and fluid retention (e.g. chlortalidone and metolazone).
Each tablet contains 615 mg of sucrose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. This should
be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
To be sucked or chewed as preferred.
1 or 2 tablets, as required. Do not take more than 16 tablets in any 24 hour period.
Do not exceed the stated dose. If your symptoms persist or worsen, you must see a doctor or pharmacist.
If you take too many tablets by mistake, contact your doctor or pharmacist straight away.
Most people do not have any side effects while taking this medicine. However, if you experience any of the following side effects, or anything else unusual happens, stop taking the medicine immediately, and see your doctor or pharmacist.
Rare side effects are:
• passing wind (flatulence)
• fatigue, confusion, poor appetite, feeling sick or being sick as these may be signs of changes in the amount of calcium and the pH (measure of acidity or alkalinity) of your blood (this is only seen after regular use)
• heartburn (acid rebound).
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this medicine after the end of the month shown as an expiry date printed on the pack. Do not store above 25°C.
Each tablet contains the active ingredient: calcium carbonate 500 mg.
The other ingredients are: sucrose, maize starch, calcium stearate, spearmint flavour and sodium saccharin.
This product is available in pack sizes of 24 and 48 tablets.
The Marketing Authorisation holder and manufacturer is Wrafton Laboratories Limited, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2DL, United Kingdom.
Text Revised: August 2007