Boots Water Relief Tablets
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without prescription. However you s till need to take Boots W ater Relief tablets carefully to get the best results from them.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• You must contact a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner if your symptom s worsen or do not improve after 1 week.
• If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any si de effect not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
1. What Boots Water Relief tablets is and what is it used for
2. Before you take Boots Water Relief tablets
3. How to take Boots Water Relief tablets
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Boots Water Relief tablets
6. Further information
Boots W ater Relief tablets contain Uva ursi leaf, Clivers herb and Burdock root.
It is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve symptoms in mild cases of water retention, based on traditional use only.
• are allergic to any of the ingredients or to plants of the Asteraceae (Compositae) family e.g. daisies, marigolds or artichokes (see Section 6 for a complete list of ingredients).
• are elderly or under 18 years old
• are pregnant or breast feeding
• are taking any other medicines called diuretics to help relieve water retention.
• have a kidney or heart disorder
Please tell your doctor or pharmacit if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines bought without a prescription.
This medicine contains sucrose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, consult your doctor before taking this product.
Adults : Take 2 tablets three times a day before meals.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with some water or other liquid.
The use in the elderly and children and adolescents under 18 years of age is not recommended
If symptoms worsen or if you have a fever, spasms, pain on urinating, blood in your urine or if symptoms persist after using the product for one week, a doctor or a qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.
If you take too many tablets, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner as soon as possible. Take this leaflet to show them.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you are unsure about anything, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner for advice.
Like all medicines, Boots Water Relief tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Nausea, vomitting and stomach ache have been reported with Uva ursi leaf. The frequency is not known. Uva ursi leaf may also cause a greenish-brown colouration of your urine.
Analphylactic shock - a serious allergic reaction which causes swelling of the face or throat has been reported with Burdock root. The frequency is not known
If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effect not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
You can help make medicines safer by reporting any side effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Alternatively you can get a paper Yellow Card form from your GP's surgery or pharmacy or call freephone 0808 100 3352
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not take Boots Water Relief tablets after the expiry date.
Do not store above 25°C.
Store in the original package.
What Boots Water Relief tablets contains
Each coated tablet contains:
75mg Uva ursi leaf (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (L.) Spreng., folium)
75mg Clivers herb (Galium aparine L. herba)
50mg Burdock root (Arctium lappa L. radix)
The other ingredients are:
Core: Magnesium Stearate, Maize Starch, Parsley Root Powder, Pregelatinised Maize Starch, Silicon Dioxide, Sucrose.
Coating: Acacia, Calcium Carbonate, Mastercote Yellow SP0142G (containing Yellow Iron Oxide E172, Titanium Dioxide E171, Talc, Sucrose), Opaglos 6000 (White Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Shellac, Ethanol), Talc, Shellac Varnish, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide E171.
Boots Water Relief tablets tablets are yellow circular sugar coated tablets. They are available in amber plastic or glass bottles containing 60, 80, 100, 160 and 200 tablets. Alternatively Boots Water Relief tablets tablets are available in blister packs of 60 tablets.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed
G. R. Lane Health Products Limited
Tel: +44 (0)1452 524012
This leaflet was last revised 03 / 2012
For a large print, Braille or audio version of this leaflet please telephone: 01452 524012