Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to take Carbellon Tablets carefully to get the best results from them.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
-Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Carbellon Tablets are and what they are used for
2. Before you take Carbellon Tablets
3. How to take Carbellon Tablets
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Carbellon Tablets
6. Further information
Carbellon Tablets are black circular tablets to be taken by mouth. Carbellon Tablets contain activated charcoal to help relieve wind or flatulence and magnesium hydroxide to alleviate the symptoms of indigestion and dyspepsia.
• are allergic (hypersensitive) to activated charcoal or magnesium hydroxide or any of the other ingredients of Carbellon Tablets (see section 6).
• suffer from kidney problems
• have sharp or persistant abdominal pain with or without the presence of nausea and vomiting.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
• heart medicines such as digoxin
• anti-epileptic medicines such as phenytoin, phenobarbital
• medicines for mental disorders such as chlorpromazine
• antibiotics such as penicillin or tetracycline Taking Carbellon Tablets with food and drink Carbellon Tablets can be taken with food and drink.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking Carbellon Tablet.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Carbellon Tablets
Carbellon tablets contain sucrose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Always take Carbellon Tablets exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Swallow Carbellon Tablets whole with plenty of water.
Adults and the Elderly: 2-4 tablets, three times a day Children f6-12 years of 3061: 2 tablets, three times a day Not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
If you take more Carbellon Tablets than you should
Contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
If you forget to take Carbellon Tablets
Take your next dose when you remember and continue with the normal course of treatment. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Like all medicines, Carbellon Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Carbellon Tablets can cause diarrhoea in some people. If this occurs you should stop taking these tablets.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children Do not store above 25°C and protect from light.
Do not use Carbellon Tablets after the expiry date that is stated on the container label and on the carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via household waste. Return any unused Carbellon Tablets to your pharmacist for safe disposal. These measures will help to protect the environment.
- The active substances are activated charcoal (100mg) and magnesium hydroxide (100mg)
- The other ingredients are carmellose sodium (E466), sucrose, icing sugar, colloidal hydrated silica, magnesium stearate, alginicacid (E400), sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium starch glycollate and peppermint oil.
What Carbellon Tablets look like and contents of the pack
Carbellon Tablets are black, circular tablets and are available in containers of 50 or 250 tablets.
Marketing Authorisation Holder: Torbet Laboratories Ltd, 14D Wendover Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, NR13 6LH.
Manufacturer: Norit NV, 3812 PM Amersfoort, The Netherlands Date of Leaflet Preparation: April 2009.