Eucerin Intensive Lotion 10% W/W Cutaneous Emulsion
UK/IRELAND LEAFLET FOR ALL PACK SIZES
_ 295 mm —
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again while you are receiving your treatment.
• If you have any further questions, please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• If any of the side effects get serious or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
The name of your medicine is Eucerin® Intensive Lotion 1 0% w/w Cutaneous Emulsion.
In the rest of this leaflet it is called Eucerin®.
1. What Eucerin® is and what it is used for
2. Before you use Eucerin®
3. How to use Eucerin®
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Eucerin®
6. Further information
Eucerin® is a hydrating agent. It is used for the treatment of:
• ichthyosis (an inherited condition in which the skin is dry, rough and scaly because of a defect in cornification),
• xeroderma, especially in the elderly (a mild form of ichthyosis in which the skin develops slight dryness and forms scales) and hyperkeratosis (thickening of the outer layer of the skin)
• other chronic dry skin conditions such as atopic eczema (dermatitis).
Do not use Eucerin®:
• if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Eucerin®
(see list under 'What Eucerin® contains')
• on broken, inflamed skin
• on large areas of skin if you have kidney trouble Taking other medicines:
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are using any other medicines on your skin, including those obtained without a prescription. Eucerin® may increase the penetration of some substances into the skin e.g.:
• medicines known as corticosteroids
If you have any doubts about whether you should use this medicine, then talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Important information about some of the ingredients:
The ingredients PEG-7 hydrogenated castor oil and PEG-2 hydrogenated castor oil belong to a group of castor oils known as polyoxyl hydrogenated castor oils. These ingredients may cause skin reactions.
Eucerin® is for | EXTERNAL USE ONLY Avoid contact with the eyes
Seek medical advice immediately if you accidentally swallow Eucerin
BDF1 2-2-04500-1-UK Eucerin Dry Skin 2012
10%Urea Lotion Leaflet Pharmaceutical, UK
Instructions for use
Always follow the instructions for use below or use as directed by your doctor or the pharmacist. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Apply twice daily, or as directed by your doctor, to the affected areas of the skin and gently massage into the skin.
• If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If you use more Eucerin® than you should
Using too much Eucerin® may cause skin irritation. This usually resolves quickly when treatment with the lotion is stopped. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Like many medicines, Eucerin® may cause side effects.
Local skin irritation may sometimes occur, particularly if Eucerin® is applied to inflamed or sensitive skin or in excessive amounts. This usually resolves quickly when treatment with the lotion is stopped. However, if the condition of your skin worsens or if there is no improvement, consult your doctor.
If you notice any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, or feel that the medicine is affecting you badly, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this medicine out of the reach and sight of children.
This medicine should not be used after the expiry date shown on the pack and the bottle. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 25°C.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What Eucerin® contains:
Eucerin® contains the active ingredient Urea 10% w/w.
It also contains benzyl alcohol, PEG-45/dodecyl glycol copolymer, methoxy PEG-22/ dodecyl glycol copolymer, sorbitan isostearate, PEG-2 hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, hydrogenated castor oil, PEG-7 hydrogenated castor oil, light liquid paraffin, isopropyl palmitate, medium chain triglycerides, octyldodecanol, glycerol, sodium lactate solution, lactic acid, magnesium sulphate, dimethicone and purified water.
What Eucerin® looks like and contents of the pack:
Eucerin® is a white, shiny smooth viscous cutaneous emulsion in a plastic container.
Eu cerin® is available in pack sizes of 30ml, 150ml and 250ml (although not all of these may be marketed).
Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufacturer
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Beiersdorf UK Ltd, 2010 Solihull Parkway,
Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7YS, UK.
Beiersdorf AG, 20245 Hamburg, Germany.
The leaflet was last revised in June 2012. of
File created 18-05-12 gk
1. Correction 31-05-12 gk
2. Correction 07-06-12 gk
3. Correction 13-06-12 gk
10. Correction Final artwork