REVERSE FACE TOP 1 FRONT FACE TOP
Important information about Galpseud Linctus
• This medicine relieves congestion in the nose, sinus and upper chest.
• It can be used by adults, the elderly and children over 6 years.
• Follow the dosage instructions carefully. Children of different ages need different amounts. See section 3.
Do not give____
• To children under 6 years.
• To anyone who is allergic to the ingredients. See section 6.
• With other nasal decongestants including sprays.
Now read the rest of the leaflet before you use this medicine. It includes other information which might be especially important for you.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need any more information or advice.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Galpseud Linctus is an oral solution for the relief of nose, sinus and upper chest congestion. It contains pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, a decongestant, which works to restrict blood vessels, reduces swelling and production of mucous and so relieves congestion.
• An allergy to any of the ingredients listed in section 6.
• Taken medicine for depression (monoamine oxidase inhibitors/MAOIs) within the last two weeks.
• Severe kidney problems.
• Heart disease.
• Circulation problems.
• High blood pressure.
• An overactive thyroid gland.
• Glaucoma (raised pressure inside the eyeball).
• Taken other nasal decongestants including sprays.
• Taken beta-blockers.
• Phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumour of the adrenal glands).
• Or you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Do not give to children under 6 years.
A Talk to your doctor if you or your child have..
• Bladder problems.
• Prostate problems.
• Mild kidney problems.
• Severe liver disease.
A Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you or your child are taking..
• Medicines to reduce your appetite.
• Medicines which stimulate the nervous system, eg. amphetamines (used to treat Narcolepsy and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
• Medicines which lower your blood pressure.
• Medicines for mental illness.
• Antidepressants including moclobemide.
• Beta-blockers for a heart condition.
• Cardiac glycosides (eg. digoxin, digitoxin).
• Rasagiline or Selegiline for Parkinson's disease.
• Ergotamine or methysergide for migraine relief.
• Aproclonidine for glaucoma.
• Quinidine for irregular heartbeat.
• Kaolin and aluminium hydroxide (antacids).
• The antibiotic Furazolidone.
• If you go into hospital, tell the doctor you are using Galpseud Linctus as it may affect some hospital medicines and anaesthetics.
Galpseud Linctus should not be used in pregnancy or when breastfeeding. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
A Important information about some of the ingredients
• This medicine contains 1.9 vol% ethanol (alcohol), i.e up to 154mg per dose, equivalent to 4ml beer or 2ml of wine per dose. Harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. To be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high-risk groups such as people with liver disease and epilepsy.
• It contains parahydroxybenzoates, sunset yellow dye and amaranth dye which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Turn over ^
Take this medicine by mouth.
The normal dose is given below but your doctor may prescribe a different amount for you. Always follow the instructions given by the doctor or pharmacist.
©Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years
Two 5ml spoonfuls three times a day.
One 5ml spoonful three or four times a day.
No more than 4 doses should be given in any 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 6 years.
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.
If you accidentallytaketoomuch,see a doctor straight away. Takethepackwith you to show which medicine youhaveswallowed.
Like all medicines,Galpseud Linctuscan have side effects, although these don't affect everyone.
Important side effects:
If you think you haveany ofthe followingside effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and seeadoctor as soon as possible.
• Allergic reactions which may cause difficulty in breathing, fever, swelling of the mouth, lips or skin, severe rashes, itching or stomach pain.
Other possible side effects are:
• Unable to sleep or disturbed sleep.
• Feeling sick or being sick.
• Skin rashes, lumps and red skin patches.
• Feeling anxious, irritable or excited.
• Glaucoma (raised pressure in the eyeball).
• Difficulty passing urine.
• Abnormal or rapid heartbeat.
• High blood pressure.
• Poor circulation e.g. cold feet or hands.
• Dry mouth.
• Rarely, mental disorders.
If you notice these or any other side effect not included above, stop use and tell your doctor or pharmacist. They will tell you what to do.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. Thisincludes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directlyvia the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
• Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
• Donot store above 25°C.
• Protect from light.
• Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pharmacist's label.
• Medicine should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of any unused medicine. These measures will help to protect the environment.
The active ingredient per 5ml is:
pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30mg.
The other ingredients are: citric acid monohydrate, sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E219), sodium ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E215), sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate, ethanol, amaranth dye (E123), sunset yellow dye (E110), carmellose sodium, saccharin sodium, menthol, condensed milk flavour, orange flavour, glycerol (E422), purified water.
Galpseud Linctus is a thick deep orange coloured liquid.It is dispensed for you by the pharmacist.
Thornton and Ross Ltd., Huddersfield,
HD7 5QH, UK.
This leaflet was revised in October 2013
Galpseud is a trade mark of Thornton & Ross Ltd.