Holland & Barrett Ginseng TabletsOut of date information, search another
• Please read this leaflet carefully before you use this product as it contains important information
• Keep this leaflet; you may need to read it again
• Seek professional advice if you need more information
• Please tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 2 weeks of taking this product
• Please tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if you suffer from side effects not listed in this leaflet and/or if any of the side effects become serious
1. What this product is and what it is used for
2. Before you take this product
3. How to take this product
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store this product
6. Further information
This product contains Ginseng Root. It is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of fatigue, weakness and exhaustion, based on traditional use only.
Do not take this product if you are:
• Under 18 years of age
• Pregnant or breastfeeding
• Allergic to Ginseng or any of the excipients in this product
Adults and the elderly: One tablet to be taken three times a day.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with 1-2 glasses of water. Do not chew the tablets.
If you take too much of the product (overdose): Speak to a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner immediately and take this leaflet and bottle with you.
If you forget to take this product: Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose(s). Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time. It does not matter if you have missed a dose.
Duration of use: Not to be taken continuously for more than 2 months.
If symptoms worsen or do not improve after 2 weeks, a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner should be consulted.
Like all medicines Ginseng Tablets can have side effects. Possible side effects are:
• Hypersensitivity reactions (urticaria, itching)
• Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
• Gastrointestinal disorders such as stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea If these persist for more than a few days, or become troublesome, stop taking this product.
Tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if you notice any other side effects.
After taking this product: You must speak to a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner:
• If your symptoms get worse
• If your symptoms do not improve after 2 weeks
• If side effects not listed in this leaflet occur
You can help make medicines safer by reporting any side effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
Alternatively you can get a paper Yellow Card form from your GP’s surgery or pharmacy, or call Freephone 0808 100 3352
• Keep the tablets in the bottle until it is time to take them
• Do not take the tablets after the expiry date (see outer label)
• Store the tablets below 25 ° C
• Keep the bottle tightly closed
• Keep the tablets out of sight and reach of children
About this product: This is a traditional herbal medicinal product that contains Ginseng. Each tablet contains 500mg Ginseng Root (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer).
This product also contains the following inactive (excipient) ingredients: Mannitol, Calcium Phosphate Tribasic, Calcium Sulphate Dihydrate, Sago Flour, Low Fat Soya Flour, Vegetable Fatty Acid, Gum Acacia, Ethylcellulose N100.
Nutrition Warehouse Limited
Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Eliot Park Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Samuel Ryder House Barling Way
Eliot Park Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Regulatory Services Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Is this leaflet hard to see or read?
Contact us on:
Telephone: +44 (0) 2476 215 400
Fax: +44 (0) 2476 215 452
This leaflet was revised March 2013