Holland & Barrett Herbal Joint Pain Relief TabletsOut of date information, search another
• Please read this leaflet carefully before you use this product as it contains important information
• Keep this leaflet; you may need to read it again
• Seek professional advice if you need more information
• Please tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 4 weeks of taking this product
• Please tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if you suffer from side effects not listed in this leaflet and/or if any of the side effects become serious
1. What this product is and what it is used for
2. Before you take this product
3. How to take this product
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store this product
6. Further information
This product contains extracts of Willow Bark, Passion Flower herb and Valerian root. It is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of backache, rheumatic pain and general aches and pains in the muscles and joints, based on traditional use only.
Do not take this product if you are:
• Under 18 years of age
• Pregnant or breastfeeding
• Allergic to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
• Allergic to salicylates or to other Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (e.g. have a history of serious allergic reactions (angioedema), difficulty breathing or wheezing or chronic urticaria (raised itchy rash) in response to salicylates or to other NSAIDs).
• Suffering from asthma.
• Suffering from a peptic ulcer
• Suffering from a severe liver or kidney problems, blood clotting disorders, gastric or duodenal ulcer or a glucose-6- phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
• Taking any medicines for sleep or anxiety
Consult your doctor before taking this product if : you are taking any other salicylate medicines or NSAIDs. Tell your doctor about any other medicines you are taking, including any bought without a prescription.
Driving and using machines: This product may affect your ability to drive or use machines. If affected do not drive or use machines.
Important: The effects of this product may be increased with alcohol. Therefore excessive alcohol consumption should be avoided when taking this product.
Adults and the elderly: 1 - 2 tablets up to four times a day.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If joint pain accompanied by swelling of the joint and redness or if fever occurs, consult a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner.
Duration of use: If the symptoms persist for more than 4 weeks, a doctor or qualified health care practitioner should be consulted.
If you take too much of the product (overdose): Speak to a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner immediately and take this leaflet and bottle with you.
If you forget to take this product: Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose(s). Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time. It does not matter if you have missed a dose.
Like all medicines Herbal Joint Pain Relief Tablets can have side effects. Possible side effects are:
• Allergic reactions such as rash (including widespread rash), , itching, itchy skin rash, asthma)
• Gastrointestinal symptoms such as, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or cramping, indigestion, heartburn, diarrhoea
• Hypersensitivity (vasculitis)
• Tachycardia (racing heart)
If these persist for more than a few days, or become troublesome, stop taking this product.
Tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if you notice the above side effects or any other side effects.
Making medicines safer:
You can help make medicines safer by reporting any side effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
Alternatively you can get a paper Yellow Card form from your GP’s surgery or pharmacy, or call Freephone 0808 100 3352
• Keep the tablets in the bottle until it is time to take them
• Do not take the tablets after the expiry date (see outer label)
• Store the tablets below 25oC
• Keep the bottle tightly closed
• Keep the tablets out of sight and reach of children
About this product: This is a traditional herbal medicinal product that contains extracts of Willow bark, Passion Flower herb and Valerian root.
Each tablet contains:
250 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Willow Bark (Salix alba L.) (6-8:1) Extraction solvent: Ethanol 50% v/v
10 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Passion Flower herb (Passiflora incarnata L.) (4-6:1) Extraction solvent: Ethanol 70% v/v
15 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis L.) (5-6:1) Extraction solvent: Ethanol 70% v/v
This product also contains the following inactive (excipient) ingredients: Tribasic Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Sulphate Dihydrate, Potato Starch, Stearic Acid, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Ethylcellulose N100, Maltodextrin, Colloidal anhydrous silica.
After taking this product: You must speak to a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner:
• If your symptoms get worse
• If your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks
• If side effects not listed in this leaflet occur
Nutrition Warehouse Limited
Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Eliot Park Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Eliot Park Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH
Regulatory Services Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Is this leaflet hard to see or read?
Contact us on:
Telephone: +44 (0) 2476 215 400
Fax: +44 (0) 2476 215 452
This leaflet was revised April 2013