Holland & Barrett Herbal Skin Relief Tablets
• Please read this leaflet carefully before you use this product as it contains important information
• Keep this leaflet; you may need to read it again
• Seek professional advice if you need more information
• Please tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 2 weeks of taking this product
• Please tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if you suffer from side effects not listed in this leaflet and/or if any of the side effects become serious
1. What this product is and what it is used for
2. Before you take this product
3. How to take this product
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store this product
6. Further information
This product contains extracts of Burdock root and Fumitory herb. It is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the symptomatic relief of minor skin conditions such as spots, pimples and blemishes, based on traditional use only.
Do not take this product if you are:
• Under 18 years of age
• Pregnant or breastfeeding
• Allergic to the active ingredients or to plants of the Asteraceae (Compositae) family or to any of the excipients
• Suffering from an obstruction of bile ducts, inflammation of the bile ducts (cholangitis), gallstones or any other biliary diseases or hepatitis
Taking other medicines: Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor about any other medicines you are taking, including any bought without a prescription.
Adults and the elderly: One to two tablets to be taken after meals with plenty of water. Do not exceed the stated dose
If signs of skin infection are observed, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner.
Duration of use: If symptoms worsen or persist after 2 weeks, a doctor or a qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.
If you take too much of the product (overdose): Speak to a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner and take this leaflet and bottle with you.
If you forget to take this product: Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose(s). Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time. It does not matter if you have missed a dose.
Like all medicines Herbal Skin Relief Tablets can have side effects. Possible side effects are:
• Anaphylactic shock (serious allergic reaction which causes difficulty in breathing or dizziness)
Tell a Doctor or a qualified Healthcare Practitioner if the above effect occurs or if any other side effects are experienced.
• Keep the tablets in the bottle until it is time to take them
• Do not take the tablets after the expiry date (see outer label)
• Store the tablets below 25oC
• Keep the bottle tightly closed
• Keep the tablets out of sight and reach of children
About this product: This is a traditional herbal medicinal product that contains extracts of Burdock root and Fumitory herb.
Each tablet contains:
10 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Burdock root (Arctium lappa L.) (2-4:1) Extraction solvent: Ethanol 70%v/v
10 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Fumitory herb (Fumaria officinalis L.) (4-5:1) Extraction solvent: water
This product also contains the following inactive (excipient) ingredients: Gum Acacia, Sago Flour, Magnesium Trisilicate, Stearic Acid, Ethylcellulose N100, Maltodextrin, Colloidal anhydrous silica, Maltodextrin, Colloidal anhydrous silica
Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Eliot Park Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH
Nutrition Warehouse Limited
Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Eliot Park Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Regulatory Services Samuel Ryder House Barling Way Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 7RH UK
Is this leaflet hard to see or read?
Contact us on:
Telephone: +44 (0) 2476 215 400
Fax: +44 (0) 2476 215 452
This leaflet was revised April 2013