Junior Kao-C Diarrhoea Suspension
PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE USER Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension Light Kaolin 500mg and Calcium carbonate 250mg
- This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
-Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- You must contact a doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after three days.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is and what it is used for.
2. Before you take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
3. How to take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
4. Possible side effects.
5. How to store Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
6. Further information.
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is a milky-coloured, thick liquid used for the short-term treatment of mild diarrhoea. Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is flavoured with carminative oils that relieve flatulance and contains antacid to calm the stomach.
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to kaolin or calcium carbonate or any of the other ingredients of Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension (see section 6).
Take special care with Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension:
• If the diarrhoea has not cleared up after three days, see your doctor.
Taking other medicines
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension may affect the way in which other medicines act in your body. These medicines include:
• Tetracyclines •Aspirin
• Digoxin or Digitoxin
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension may be used in both pregnancy and breast-feeding. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any other medicine.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension.
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension contains the ingredients propylhydroxybenzoate and methylhydroxy-benzoate which may cause allergic reactions, possibly delayed.
Always take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is taken by mouth, 3 times daily.
Children: 1-5 years: One 5ml spoonful
5-14 Years: Two 5ml spoonfuls
Over 14 years: Four 5ml spoonfuls
Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
If you forget to take Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension
Take the dose when you remember and carry on with the normal course of treatment. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Like all medicines, Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. These could include:
• Flatulance and belching With large doses:
• Nausea and vomiting
• Numbness or tingling in the face or extremities
• Tremors or muscle spasms
• Confusion and weakness
• Loss of apertite
• Excessive thirst and passing of urine
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label and on the carton after Exp. Date. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Return any unused medicine to your pharmacist for safe disposal. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension contains:
- The active substances are light kaolin (500mg) and calcium carbonate (250mg) per 5ml spoonful.
- The other ingredients are cinnamon oil, nutmeg oil, clove oil, Avicel RC-501 (Microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethyl cellulose), carmellose sodium, sodium cyclamate 1968, sodium saccharin, vanillin, methyl-hydroxybenzoate, propylhydroxybenzoate, chloroform and water.
Junior KAO-C Diarrhoea Suspension is a milky-coloured liquid and is available in amber glass bottles containing 100ml.
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Torbet Laboratories Ltd, 14D Wendover Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, NR13 6LH.
Dr Reddy’s Laboratories (EU) Ltd, 6 Riverview Road, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU 17 OLD.
Date of Leaflet Preparation: June 2008.