Nalcrom 100 Mg Capsules
The name of your medicine is Nalcrom 100 mg Capsules but will be referred to as Nalcrom Capsules throughout the Patient Information Leaflet.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
• If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
1. What Nalcrom Capsules are and what they are used for
2. Before you take Nalcrom Capsules
3. How to take Nalcrom Capsules
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Nalcrom Capsules
6. Further information
Nalcrom 100mg Capsules (called Nalcrom Capsules in this leaflet) contains a medicine called sodium cromoglicate. This belongs to a group of medicines called anti-allergics.
It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your body that can cause an allergic reaction. It also lowers your response when you are exposed to substances to which you are allergic.
What Nalcrom Capsules are used for
• Nalcrom Capsules are used to treat allergic reactions to certain foods
• It is only used if you have had a test to prove that you are allergic to these foods
• As part of your treatment, your doctor should advise you to avoid eating certain foods which may cause an allergic reaction
• You are allergic (hypersensitive) to sodium cromoglicate or any of the other ingredients of Nalcrom Capsules (listed in Section 6: Further information) Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Do not use this medicine if the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Nalcrom.
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, might become pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
If you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Always take Nalcrom Capsules exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Take this medicine by mouth
• Take this medicine before a meal
• If signs of allergy do not improve within 2-3 weeks, your doctor may double how much you take. Your dose should not be larger than 40 mg per kilogram of your body weight per day
• If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor.
How much to take
Adults (including the Elderly)
• Two capsules, four times a day, before meals
• When your symptoms improve, your doctor may lower your dose
• One capsule, four times a day, before meals
• When your child’s symptoms improve, your doctor may lower the dose If you take more Nalcrom than you should
Talk to your doctor or go to a hospital straight away. Remember to take any medicine that is left with you so the doctor knows what you have taken.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Keep taking Nalcrom Capsules until your doctor tells you to stop. Do not stop taking Nalcrom Capsules just because you feel better. If you stop, your food allergies may come back or get worse.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Like all medicines, Nalcrom Capsules can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
• You have an allergic reaction to Nalcrom Capsules. The signs may include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet:
• Skin rashes
• Pain in your joints
• Feeling sick (nausea)
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme, Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
• Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store in a dry place. Store in the outer carton to protect from light.
• Do not use Nalcrom Capsules after the expiry date which is stated on the label and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What Nalcrom Capsules contain
The active substance is sodium cromoglicate. Each capsule contains 100 mg of
The capsule also contains gelatin.
What Nalcrom Capsules look like and contents of the pack
Nalcrom Capsules are hard gelatine capsules with a clear, colourless cap and body, printed with ‘SODIUM CROMOGLICATE 100 mg’ in black and containing a white powder.
Nalcrom Capsules are available in packs of 20 and 100 capsules.
Manufacturer and Product Licence Holder
This product is manufactured by ITC FARMA Srl - Via Pontina 5, Km 29, 00040 Pomezia, Rome, Italy. It is procured from within the EU by the Product Licence Holder: Swinghope Ltd, Brandon House, Marlowe Way, Croydon CR0 4XS UK. Repackaged by Interport Ltd, Brandon House, Marlowe Way, Croydon CR0 4XS UK.
PLPI 10380/1543 Nalcrom 100 mg Capsules
Leaflet revision date: 17/03/2015.
Nalcrom® is a registered trademark of Fisons Limited, UK.