Value Health One-A-Day Allergy Relief 10 Mg TabletsOut of date information, search another
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
Pharma code 123 (sample code)
(First bar placed 105mm from top edge)
Health Essentials One-a-day Hayfever & Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets contain loratadine, which belongs to a group of drugs called antihistamines. These medicines help to relieve the symptoms of some allergies.
This medicine is used to relieve:
• symptoms of hayfever and other allergies such as sneezing, runny nose and burning, itchy eyes.
• symptoms of skin allergies such as rash, itching or urticaria (hives).
This medicine can be taken by adults, and children aged 2 years and over provided they weigh over 30 kg.
Some people should not take this medicine or should talk to their pharmacist or doctor first.
Do not take if you:
• Are allergic (hypersensitive) to loratadine or any of the other ingredients in the medicine, listed in section 6.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking if you:
• Have liver problems. You may need to take a lower dose.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Other important information
• Tests have shown that this medicine does not cause drowsiness in the vast majority of people using it. Therefore it will not normally affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. However there may be very rare exceptions and if you experience dizziness, nausea or drowsiness, do not drive or operate machinery.
• This product contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
• If you are going to have skin tests to identify allergies, stop taking this medicine 48 hours before the tests.
Taking other medicines
Health Essentials One-a-day Hayfever & Allergy
Relief 10mg Tablets are not expected to interact
with other medicines you may be taking. However
if you are unsure talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
Adults and children 2 years of age and over with a body weight of more than 30 kg
Swallow one tablet daily with water.
Do not give to children under 2 years of age or to children weighing less than 30kg.
As a guide, the average 9 year old child weighs approximately 30 kg (equivalent to 4 and a half stone). Check your child's weight if you are not sure. For children over 2 years but who weigh less than 30kg a syrup form of this medicine may be more suitable.
If you have severe liver problems: Adults and children 2 years and over weighing more than 30 kg (Check with your pharmacist or doctor)
Swallow one tablet every other day
DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED DOSE
If symptoms worsen or do not improve, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Further information overleaf fa*
r If you takeToo many tablets: Talk to a doctor straight away, or contact your nearest hospital casualty department. Take the carton and this leaflet with you.
If you forget to take a dose of Health Essentials One-a-day Hayfever & Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets: Take the recommended dose as soon as you remember; wait at least 24 hours before taking another tablet. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed doses.
Like all medicines, Health Essentials One-a-day Hayfever & Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets can sometimes have side effects, although not everybody gets them. Serious side effects
Stop taking the tablets and tell your doctor or go to a casualty department immediately if:
• you get any swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
• you have any difficulty in swallowing or breathing
• you get a skin rash after taking the tablets.
The above symptoms may mean you are having a very rare, serious allergic reaction to this medicine.
If any of the following side effects get serious or concerns you, or you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, stop taking the tablets and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
• Headache, nervousness and tiredness in children aged 2-12 years.
• Drowsiness, headache, increased appetite and difficulty sleeping in adults and children over 12.
• Very rare side effects are severe allergic reactions (difficulty in breathing, wheezing, itching, hives and swelling), dizziness, rapid heartbeat, palpitations, feeling sick (nausea), dry mouth, upset stomach, changes in liver function, rash, hair loss and tiredness.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.aov.uk/vellowcard.
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Do not use after the expiry date shown on the pack. This product does not require any special storage conditions.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
The active ingredient is: Loratadine, 10 mg per tablet.
The other ingredients are: Lactose monohydrate, maize starch, pregelatinised starch and magnesium stearate.
Health Essentials One-a-day Hayfever & Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets are white oval tablets with a break line and markings ‘L’ and ‘10’ on one side.
This pack contains 7, 14, 30 or 60 tablets.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Galpharm Healthcare Ltd., Wrafton, Braunton, Devon, EX33 2DL, United Kingdom.
Galpharm International Ltd., Elmhirst Park,
Middle Field Road, Barnsley, South Yorkshire,
S75 4LS, United Kingdom.
Text revised: August 2014.